How Can I Reduce Heating Bills?
Call AC Doc 703 406 9446
Reduce Heating Bills
Reducing your heating bills is easily achieved when upgrading to modern heating appliances. In the case of older appliances, they should be serviced regularly to give you the best chance of maximizing performance and keeping heating bills lower.
These tips will also help:
- Open your curtains during the day while the sun is shining to help warm up the house and close them at night to keep the heat from escaping.
- Use a programmable thermostat; you can set it to lower or turn off your heating while you are out or asleep.
- Using a ceiling fan to gently push warm air down into the room can help to lower your heating bills.
- Install insulation into your walls and attic spaces.
- Placing weather-strips around your doors and windows also helps to keep heat inside your home, reducing your heating bill.
- Sealing and insulating the air ducts within your home, will increase the amount of heat which is delivered to where you want it, rather than having it escape outside.
- Have your heating system serviced regularly, to ensure that it works at the most energy efficient level possible.
AC Doc Heating & Cooling